Zaterdag 30 Oktober 2021
Lezing en concert door Alfian Emir Adytia, cello
19:30 – 20:15 Mini-lecture & QnA
20:30 – 21:15 Concert
Studio Sophia, Groot Hertoginnelaan 3 Den Haag.
Bach from the perspective of a Non-Western Musician
How does a person, who grew up in an Eastern traditional and popular music scene, integrates Bach’s music and how it is still accessible to the East?
ABOUT COUNTER BACH
Counterbach is a programming concept to interlock the movements of Bach suites with music from different eras and geographical origins. Bach suites and his music has been an integral part of my journey as a cellist. With every type of music that I engage with, Bach has always been the ground point of my practice. This programming aims to experience music’s “borderless” sense. When I hear Bach, I hear modern music and vice versa. Each transition will be the key moment of this musical experience.
- Untitled (Alfian Emir Adytia)
- Suite No. 1 – Prelude (J. S. Bach)
- Mother (Melly Goeslaw arr. Alfian Emir Adytia)
- Suite No. 1 – Allemande (J. S. Bach)
- Sea of Love (Phil Philips arr. Alfian Emir Adytia)
- Suite No. 1 – Courante (J. S. Bach)
- Janger (Balinese traditional arr. Alfian Emir Adytia)
- Suite No. 1 – Sarabande (J. S. Bach)
- Songs and Poem V (Philip Glass)
- Suite No. 1 – Minuet I & II (J. S. Bach)
- Piece No. 9 & 10 (Alfian Emir Adytia)
- Suite No. 1 – Gigue (J. S. Bach)
FULL PACKAGE: €25 Mini-lecture and concert (drinks and snacks incl.)
CONCERT ONLY: €15 (drinks and snacks incl.)
For reservation, please send an email to email@example.com by choosing either FULL PACKAGE or CONCERT ONLY and the amount of tickets.
Audiences are required to prove health-protocol certification (coronacheck app) to enter this event.